Tuesday, September 12, 2006

school and life

so I am studying drawing and imagecommunication in Notodden, Telemark. it is really the 3rd year for subjectteacher in art, but I got in because I had art at St.Olaf!! weee.
so far it has been very enjoyable, lots of drawing and fun stuff.. soon done with the first period (there are 4 periods that I have to pass to be able to take the final exams) and a 3 week period of practical teaching too. then there will be a one week written exam before the last 10-12 week long final project, where they want us to try out and do some kind or "research" in the field.

I applied to the art teacher bachelor 4 years ago, but decided not to start at that point, but now I can continue going that way anyway, and I can take a year of practical education and become an artteacher (and hopefully have a couple of other classes that I could teach too.. english or norwegian would be intresting) time will show.. right now I am dreaming og working in preschool or kindergarten.. time will show... I am at least happy with what I am studying now, even if I don't know where it will take me later in life.. ;)

Notodden isn't the most exciting place, it is a small city, but I would rather live out in the country.. but atleast there are several places to exercise, weightroom and swimmingpool at the school, wonderful tracs right by where I life (I live a 10 minute walk from school) and there are a field and running track right by the house too..
and best of all, Notodden is pretty close to Geilo!!! so I can go there every weekend when there is time!! weeeeeee. and I enjoy living and being in the same class as my sister! I can't say much else than that I am really happy, lucky and enjoy pretty much every day.. even though I miss my family, friends and HOOOOOOME!

No comments: