I have for a long time wanted to see the mountain Tjokhele/Lurusneisa and the lakes Bilnen and Gereke that I have heard so much about.
9.35am: my dad is telling me that the ptarmigans can be all over, by rocks and scrubs.. and just as he says that the first one flies up. Per Anders is trying to shoot it, but fails this time.
around 10am we are up by Barkbekkgrubba ready for second breakfast. enjoying the view over gressåmoen, andorfjellet and other mountains.10.40am the first ptarmigan is shot, just as we start to get the view over Lurusneisa and Akselfjella (Nordre Gauptjønnaksel)
Noon we are up on top of Nordre Gauptjønnaksla and can see its glacial sediment close up. from this mountain we have the most amazing view over the lake Bilnen and the mountains Lurusneisa, Finnhuva, and can see Blåfjella tower up behind a low cloudlayer. my dad is walking 30feet away from me, shooting his first bird for the day.
Finnhuva, lake Bilnen and Blåfjella(bluemountains) in the background taken from Nordaksla
Dad with his first ptarmigan infront of Lake Gereke and Blåfjella
Finnhuva, lake Bilnen and Blåfjella(bluemountains) in the background taken from Nordaksla
Dad with his first ptarmigan infront of Lake Gereke and Blåfjella12.30pm when I am looking at the view over the lake Gereke (Gereke is sami and means the lake with the big rocks) a brood of 6 ptarmigan is flying up right next to me.. oooh.. why didn't I bring a shotgun?
1pm we have walked down to Gereke, and there are several brood of ptarmigan flying up. the guys are having an exciting hunt before lunchtime. I am picking dry branches to make a fire so we can have coffee and to grill my sandwish. the first raindrops are falling while we are resting and enjoying the view of the lake and mountains..
I am infront of Gereke
oooh goood! I am finally here, among this incredible nature.. my dream has come true!! but oh, what a long walk. all the blisters and pain is totally worth every second!! after a short lunch we start to walk to the other side of the lake, still hunting and there are several broods in this area.. exciting!!!
I am infront of Gerekeon the way back we are not walking up the mountain, but stay more in the valley, still it is a long enough walk up the rocky terrain before the route again bring us down towards gressåmoen mountainfarm. a long but still light walk. light because my dream has come true, I am thinking of all the views, sights and impressions of the day. At this point I am so tierd that I can't feel my legs.
a wonderful day, really beautiful! a dream come true that day and a nightmare the day after (my knees were really painful, and my blisters was almost forcing me to not walk at all)



1 comment:
Wow, wonderful photos! It certainly sounds like a dream come true!
Post a Comment