Saturday, February 04, 2006

after a night out you might look like my housemate:

looks good doesn't it? poor girl!


we've been discussing wether it is right to help someone die, if you have been in an accident and your brain is totally smashed, but you are kept alive with that respirator, and there is no hope you will ever breath by yourself, and your brain doesn't work. isn't it then right to do that?! I think I would even have people do that if I were paralyzed from the neck and down.. this might be bad to people who actually are, but I know that I would not be happy if I couldn't move any part of my body other than maybe my mouth! if I even would be able to eat normally! even reading would de difficult without help, and I would never be able to do all the things that make the life so wonderful, as picing flowers, cook, bake, exercise, be up in the mountains, fish.. everything! even hanging out with friends would be difficult. I would be happy if someone then had disconnected the respirator, or helped me leave this world.

but could I ever have done that to someone else?! thinking, maybe they would have recovered? maybe a miracle would happen?! to live with those thoughts of guilt for the rest of my life. the maybe always hanging over me.

I didn't really come to any conclusion.. what would you have done?

I am very thankful and fortune that I am healthy!

No comments: